Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More wool dyeing

Here's my latest efforts. I'm thinking a pair of longies for next winter and a matching hat. I might stripe it with blue just so it's not so in your face! It was originally pearl coloured 'boutique' yarn (65% Wool, 25% Bluefaced Leicester Wool, 10% Mohair: An exotic blend of Wool, Mohair and Bluefaced Leicester. Bluefaced Leicester Wool is renown for the lustre of fine, long fleece) from http://www.bendigowoollenmills.com.au
Really soft and lovely. Can't wait to see what it knits up like. I have two other projects on the go at the moment so i'll have to be patient!









1 comment:

Jojo said...

Looks very cool!!! Can't wait to see it knitted up too :)

Might have a go at dyeing some solid purple to match mine for the Tikki dress today (if everyone goes to bed properly tonight!)

I pinched a pic of your Tikki dress to put in my other diary. Hope you don't mind!

xoxox